Chicken Fried Rice
Home-Made lunch 2200 Calories/Day Plan Print Flexcipe
Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein that helps retain your muscle mass and strength during weight loss.
My Weight Loss Meal:
- 1 serving Chicken Fried Rice
To make portion :
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen vegetable medley (such as carrots and peas)
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce (or to taste, optional)
- 1/2 cup diced chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced canned pineapple, drained
- 1 cup cooked rice (preferably day-old, see note)
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- Heat half the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine the egg with half of the soy sauce. When the oil is shimmering, add the egg and scramble, breaking the egg into bite-sized pieces as it cooks. Transfer the scrambled egg to a plate and return the skillet to the heat.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and heat until shimmering over medium-high heat. Add the frozen vegetables and cook until thawed, 2-3 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, combine the remaining soy sauce, ginger, and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken, pineapple, rice, scallions, and sauce to the pan, and stir-fry until heated through.