Home-Made dinner 2200 Calories/Day Plan Print Flexcipe
Taco Tuesday doesn't have to stop because you are in a weight loss program! Enjoy these fish tacos with friends or family, because it is important to have fun and maintain your relationships and food traditions while losing weight.
My Weight Loss Meal:
- 4 Fish Tacos
- 2 fat-free pudding cups
To make portion :
- 2 frozen grilled white fish fillets (~6 ounces total, such as Gorton’s Grilled Cod, Haddock, or Tilapia)
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cups cole slaw mix
- 1 Tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 4 corn tortillas (6″)
- 2 Tablespoons light sour cream
- Hot sauce to taste (or lime wedge)
- 2 fat-free pudding cups (4 ounces, or subsitite fat-free candy, such as 8 pieces Starburst or 1/4 cup Skittles)
- Bake the fish fillets according to package instructions. Break into 4 equal pieces.
- While the fish is cooking, make the citrus slaw. In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, oil, and cumin. Season the dressing well with salt and pepper. Add the cole slaw mix and cilantro, if using, to the dressing and toss. Set aside.
- About 10 minutes before the fish is done, wrap the tortillas in foil and place them in the oven to warm.
- In each tortilla, place a piece of fish, 1/4 cup of slaw, sour cream, and hot sauce or lime to taste. Serve immediately.