Home-Made dinner 2200 Calories/Day Plan Print Flexcipe
Shrimp is a terrific addition to any weight loss program because it is one of the leanest sources of good quality protein. Quality protein is important to help you retain your muscle mass and strength during weight loss.
My Weight Loss Meal:
- 1 serving Shrimp Scampi
- 1 Side Salad
- 1 brownie
To make portion :
- 6 ounces large shrimp (6-8), peeled, deveined, tails removed and reserved (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Chili flakes (optional)
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cups cooked thin pasta (such as linguini, angel hair, or spaghetti)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cups grated or chopped carrots
- 2 Tablespoon bottled light salad dressing
- 1 3″ brownie, no icing (prepared from a mix, such as Ghirardelli’s Double Chocolate)
For the Shrimp Scampi:
- Place the reserved shrimp tails in a nonstick skillet with 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then strain the liquid into a small bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and sugar, and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, and melt the butter until it foams. Add a pinch of chili flakes (if using), the garlic, and the shrimp. Cook the shrimp, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice mixture and simmer until shrimp are opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the parsley (or basil). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, tossed with cooked pasta.
For the Side Salad:
- Toss together the greens, tomatoes, carrots, and salad dressing. Serve immediately.